Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Baking Interregnum / Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake

Sorry, I got busy/lazy these past couple of weeks. Not with the baking so much, mostly with the posting. Work made me nocturnal and I also had to deal with an unscheduled apartment hunt. But fear not, I bring order back to my kitchen. I missed photographing a couple baking episodes, like the balsamic cherry chocolate cookies and the whole wheat chocolate chip cookies, but I'm going to start getting through the backlog now before I completely freak out over holiday baking. Get ready for holiday cookies people. They are coming...


This lemon buttermilk pound cake was pretty simple. The glaze gives it special touch and lemon is always a pleaser. I substituted half the AP flour for cake flour. It gives it a better crumb. My only complaint was that the cake was a little dry. I figured the buttermilk would have kept things pretty moist, but I think a little more butter was needed to give it that real pound cake texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment