Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Honey Pecan Cookies


I like these cookies because they don't require softened butter, but that also means they are very dense. Luckily, I like dense cookies. I also didn't have honey (I know, it's in the title) but I did have agave nectar and some real maple syrup. I used about a 80/20 proportion of those two to replace the honey. I think it was pretty much the same as honey, right...? In any event, the maple syrup smelled fantastic when the cookies were baking. I also used some course ground sea salt instead of regular table salt to give it a bit of texture. 



They turned out pretty well and were fairly tasty, and are an easy cookie to mix up. I would suggest flattening the dough balls to almost as thin as you'd want them finished because the dough doesn't spread very much.






No comments:

Post a Comment